As discussed earlier, a gear motor refers to a broad range combination of a gearbox as well as an electric motor. Well, this definition makes it cost-effective and straightforward when it comes to providing solutions to different subject matters of high-torque. Low-speed applications can also be experienced in this case. But what is a micro gear motor, and how do you select one?
Therefore, it combines motor gear with different gear reducer systems. Most fundamentally, gear motors play a role in making sure that there is optimal energy efficiency and extended life in your equipment.
There are several elements to weigh in on when choosing a gear motor. So whether you intend to purchase a motor separately or just gearboxes altogether, comprehending the application requirements is important to find your perfect match.
Understand the application requirements of your gear motor
- The first step when it comes to choosing that gear motor is taking a look at your application requirements and needs. These are such as:
- The general demands where you shall look at the mounting orientation, side loads, lubrication type, and overhung.
- The input power source entails the voltage, maximum current in Amps, as well as the control type, usually where applicable.
- The gear motor performance where you need to look at speed, horsepower, full load, and torque of the device
- The input power source where you look at the voltage, maximum current, as well as the control type
- The operating environment where the application, as well as the ambient temperature, are checked
- Next, you should use a list of different application demands and then delve into comparing them to your motor specifications of the types you want, including brushless DC and AC induction. Check the magnet gear motor since the application has its special characteristics
- Understand the characteristics of a gear motor with speed as well as the load requirements that need to be driven. In order to make sure that the device is sized ideally for your application, you should also understand your speed when it comes to the output and running the torque.
- The speed of the output is usually determined by the requirements of the machine. This should always be known because it leaves behind the starting as well as the running torque to be easily determined. You need to keep in mind that when selecting a Gearmotor that is pre-engineered, then you shall realize that the manufacturer has clearly done most of what we would call heavy lifting in this case.
If you have calculated the starting as well as running torque using a curve made for the gearbox, then the speed and efficiency should definitely match your needs. Here, you need to review the potential design limitations, such as running the gearbox and speed coupled with thermal characteristics.
Eventually, you need to test your motorcycle. It is crucial to run multiple tests and ensure that the motor is running appropriately in a typical environment. If you happen to see that the motor runs well and is not too noisy, then you shall have made the right decision therein.